Some behind the scenes work was done to make exporting block nodes from the editor safer and working with the source code easier.
These are the changes:
- De-capitalise image formats
'Jpg' => 'jpg'
- Quotable image uses the
data-thumb-*attribute to store the thumbnail, this is the convention we use for all thumbnails in the editor.
- BlockNodes will only accept a SimpleImage as a thumbnail, POJOs are not supported anymore
- Thumbnail fallback is controlled outside of the BlockNodes.
- A helper was introduced (
blockNodeFromInsetId) to make embed nodes from unsafe linksupport structures in the editor.
- Thumbnails on optional thumbnail embeds won’t render
- Alignment, thumbnail and Header icon exports are standardised.
- A bug causing iframes to randomly not be sandboxed when they had a thumbnail was fixed.
Since this is an essential part on how we save a post it’s covered with unit tests, but these changes still have the potential to break something, especially in these nodes:
Quotable despite our best effort not to break anything.